Monday, April 5, 2010

Blendy's Crocheted Snood Pattern

I recently went to a 1930's themed wedding, so I decided to crochet a snood. I had no idea what that word meant until I did a bit of research, but it is the term for those crocheted hair nets the women used to wear. I found a few patterns, all suggesting you make many in various colours and sizes for all occasions. I ended up making up my own pattern, based loosely on a few that I came across, and I wanted to share it! All boxes will contain my pattern card.

It is a bit hard to see in the picture, but it is a crocheted netting with flowers on some rows. I've also added in some beads as a feature on some of the flower centres. I had intended on having my hair styled in 1930's curls, and the bag would hold the hair - my hairdresser had other ideas however, and pinned it on like a little beret, but it still looks fun!

And best of all, you should be able to make this using one of the sock samples in your box.

No comments:

Post a Comment